Mystery of History Volume I begins with Creation and goes through Christ’s resurrection. Linda Hobar accurately presents history as God’s story, including all history around the world. She is gracious in her presentation, and writes truthfully so that the student receives a complete history of the world. She writes for 4th through 8th graders, but includes projects for younger children as well as for high schoolers which allows the curriculum to be taylored to your multi-level family. Our son has loved this history, begging for us to keep reading many times.
- The main volume includes the student text, projects for all levels, maps, geography, timeline and reading suggestions, plus tons more.
Here are some other products for Volume I that we find are very helpful.
- The printable reproducible CD includes all the pages from the book that you might want to print out. You can also copy them on the copier from the book, but for those who just want to find the page and click the button for the printer to print, this is the CD for you.
- The Audio CD’s are Linda Hobar reading the weekly lessons. They are excellently done. Linda Hobar has a great reading voice! We have used these in the car or when I get that unexpected phone call. My son can continue his lesson until I am off the phone.
- Bright Ideas (the publisher of Mystery of History) has some downloadables that you can buy (see below for the link and explanation).
- History Through the Ages by Amy Pak are timeline figures that go along so well with Mystery of History. This CD includes all the figures from Creation through the Present Time. Although you may think it is expensive, since you will be using it every year in your homeschooling, it is worth the money. Because it is on a CD, you can manipulate the figures to be any size you would like, you can use them in projects or to make worksheets, and print out individual pictures with or without the wordsâ€“an EXCELLENT resource!